Welcome to Defenders 3:15
Christian Homeschool Speech and Debate Club
"But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts,
always being ready to make a defense
to everyone who ask you to give an account
for the hope that is in you,
yet with gentleness and reverence."
1 Peter 3:15
Defenders 3:15 is a Christian, homeschool, speech and debate club for students ages 12-18 years (on October 1st of the current season).
We meet weekly in Fort Worth, TX, throughout the school year.
Defenders 3:15 is MORE than just a Speech and Debate Club; we are a discipleship and ministry club for learning about and sharing the gospel; set in the context of forensics (i.e., competitive speech and debate).
"But sanctify Christ as Lord in your heart, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15
From the MacArthur Study Bible, NASB 2006:
"Always being ready to make a defense. The Eng. word "apologetics" comes from the Gr. word here translated as "defense." ... [Peter] is insisting that believers must understand what he believes and why one is a Christian, and then be able to articulate one's beliefs humbly, thoughtfully, reasonably, and biblically."
By participating in competitive forensics, our students will develop the skills necessary to articulate and defend the truth of Biblical Christianity. Club and competition together offer an environment whereby students and parents learn critical thinking skills and competence in delivery, where their message will be significant and impactful to their audience. While fostering a teachable spirit and humility.
Within the context of a competitive environment, our club emphasizes setting and working to achieve individual goals. God has a unique plan for each of us. At the beginning of the season, our students will establish specific goals for the tournament season with guidance from their coaches and parents. During the season, we will monitor their achievements and, as a club, celebrate when each student’s goals are met.
Defenders 3:15 is Coach lead, but parents are essential for operation. At least one parent is required to attend and participate in club each week. Weekly duties will include:
- Listening to speeches and providing feedback to the students.
- Judging debate rounds.
- Overseeing students as they complete necessary cleaning and classroom re-sets.
- Other necessary tasks.
Qualifications for membership:
- All students must be privately home educated (See Stoausa.org for details).
- Parents and students must agree to the Statement of Faith that D315 and Stoa subscribe to.
- Parents and students agree to abide by the code of conduct and dress code of D315.
- All member students must be between the age of 12-18yrs as of October 1st of the current competition season.
- Member dues must be paid in full.
- Member families must have a current Stoa membership ($45 annual fee).
- Members must be able to meet D315 expectations of membership (see link above)
- Every adult must have a current criminal background clearance. Additional fees may apply.
Please refer to the D315 Member Documents from the drop-down menu for more details about our group.
Open enrollment for Defenders 3:15 is July 1st - August 31st.
If you feel we would be a good fit for your family, you may submit a membership application by clicking "join" above.
Once we have received your application, we will contact you for an interview.
If you wish to register after August 31st, please complete the "Contact Us" form explaining your situation.